- Generally healthy, postmenopausal woman who seeks treatment for hot flushes.
- Meets 1 of the following: At least 12 months of spontaneous amenorrhea; At least 6
months of spontaneous amenorrhea with serum follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels
> 40 mIU/mL; At least 6 weeks postsurgical bilateral oophorectomy (with or without
hysterectomy). Hysterectomized without bilateral oophorectomy and with serum FSH
levels >40 mIU/mL.
- History of a seizure disorder other than a single childhood febrile seizure.
- History or presence of clinically important hepatic or renal disease or other medical
- Presence or recent history of major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, psychotic
disorder, or generalized anxiety disorder requiring therapy.