- Males or females, between 18 and 55 years of age, at the time of consent.
- Subjects must have a primary diagnosis of schizophrenia, any subtype (code 295.xx), or
schizoaffective disorder as defined in DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition)
- Subjects must have normal vital signs, physical examination, ECG, and laboratory
findings except for minor deviations determined and documented to be clinically
insignificant by the investigator or a sub-investigator who is a medical doctor.
- Subjects who are unable to provide informed consent
- Subjects who meet criteria for a DSM-IV-TR Axis I (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition) diagnosis other than schizophrenia or
schizoaffective disorder, including psychoactive substance abuse or dependence within
one year of study entry
- Females who are pregnant, breast feeding, or lactating at screening.