- Subject 18-70 years of age
- Subject agrees to refrain from taking any opioid medications other than study
medication during study period.
- History of chronic moderate to severe pain caused by a nonmalignant condition for at
least 3 months prior to baseline
- Subject has a documented history of allergic reaction or clinically significant
intolerance to morphine or other opioids, such that treatment with morphine is
- Subject is pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Subject is receiving chemotherapy, or has an active malignancy of any type or has
been diagnosed with cancer within the past three years (excluding squamous or basal
cell carcinoma of the skin).
- Subject has a documented history of drug abuse/dependence/misuse or narcotic
analgesic abuse/dependence/misuse within five years prior to the Baseline Visit.
- Subject has a Body Mass Index (BMI)>45kg/m2.