- Untreated Hypertensive Patients: An systolic blood pressure of >=160 mmHg or diastolic
blood pressure >=100mmHg.
- Treated Hypertensive Patients: An systolic blood pressure of >=140 mmHg or diastolic
blood pressure of >= 90 mmHg.
- Patients with insufficient response to 5 mg of amlodipine in the screening period:Two
successive systolic blood pressure measurements at Visit 4 (Week -2) and Visit 5 (Week
0 = baseline) >=140 mmHg
- Patients with a screening treatment compliance rate >= 80%
- Subjects with secondary hypertension (renal disease, pheochromocytoma, and Cushing's
syndrome, etc.), severe hypertension (systolic blood pressure of 180 mmHg or higher,
or diastolic blood pressure of 110 mmHg or higher), and malignant hypertension