ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Diagnosis of AS, as defined by Modified New York Criteria for Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Active AS, defined by average of visual analog scale (VAS) of ≥ 30 for duration and intensity of morning stiffness and at least 2 of the following: VAS for patient global assessment ≥ 30; average of VAS for nocturnal and total pain ≥ 30; BASFI ≥ 30 (all scores on a scale of 0 to 100).
- Complete ankylosis (fusion) of spine.
- Previous treatment with etanercept, antibody to Tumor Necrosis Factor α (TNFα), or
other TNFα inhibitors or other biologic agents.
- Use of disease modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) other than hydroxychloroquine,
sulphasalazine, and methotrexate within 4 weeks of baseline. Subjects treated with
hydroxychloroquine, sulphasalazine, and methotrexate may continue these drugs during
this study but doses must be held stable for 4 weeks before baseline examination and
for the duration of the study.
- Receipt of multiple nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) at baseline.
- Dose of NSAID changed within 2 weeks of baseline evaluation.
- Dose of prednisone >10 mg/day (or equivalent) or changed within 2 weeks of baseline
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Bærum Postterminal,
- Gamle Fredrikstad,
- Mo I Rana,
- Reggio Emilia,
- Catania, CT