ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Male or female patients, 18-85 years of age and a weight of > 45 kilograms.
- Patients with intravascular catheters and a blood culture that is positive for gram-positive cocci in clusters. Patients will be subsequently excluded from the study analysis if they do not have a culture-positive infection with S. epidermidis or other coagulase negative staphylococci, expected to be susceptible to tigecycline.
- Patients in whom the bacteremia can be cultured daily by the site investigator.
- Patients who have failed other available antibiotic therapies may be enrolled with positive blood cultures and organism susceptibility to tigecycline.
- Patients that cannot be cultured daily by the site investigator.
- Intravascular catheter infections known to be caused by bacteria other than a
coagulase negative staphylococci, for example, Staphylococcus aureus.
- Any patient who has received more than 24 hrs of vancomycin.
- Any patient who has received any antibiotic active against S. epidermidis other than
- Patients who are moribund with an expected survival of less than 2 weeks.
- Patients who are neutropenic (ANC <500) at the time of bacteremia
- Patients who have been designated as "Do Not Resuscitate", unless it is anticipated
within a reasonable degree of medical certainty that they can achieve benefit from
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity to tigecycline, tetracyclines, or other compounds
related to this class of antibacterial agents.
- Pregnant women or nursing mothers.
- Female patients of childbearing potential who do not agree to use a medically
acceptable method of contraception throughout the duration of the study and for at
least 1 month after the last dose of tigecycline.
- Patients with suspected or proven endocarditis or osteomyelitis
- Patients with suspected or proven mycobacterial infections
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Marietta, Georgia
- Cumberland, Maryland
- Sumida-ku, Tokyo
- Hollywood, Florida
- South Miami, Florida