ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Must be legal age of consent
- Must have active rheumatoid arthritis based upon the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 1987 (Revised Criteria); minimum disease criteria required for entry into the efficacy component of the study
- Must meet ACR 1991 Revised Criteria for Global Functional Status in RA, Class I, II, or III
- Must be receiving methotrexate for at least 12 weeks duration and on a stable dose for 4 weeks.
- Diagnosed with any other inflammatory arthritis or a secondary non-inflammatory
arthritis that would interfere with disease activity assessments.
- Subject receiving prior treatment with certain medications for rheumatoid arthritis
- Tuberculosis and/or a positive tuberculin reaction
- Significant trauma or major surgery within 2 months
- History of alcohol and/or drug abuse outside of a defined period of abstinence
- History of or a finding at screening of postural hypotension
- Any condition that would affect the oral absorption of the drug
- History of cancer and in remission less than 3 years or Grade III-IV congestive heart
- Having an infection of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B or C or
evidence of any active infection
- Abnormalities of clinical or laboratory assessments completed at the screening visit
such as elevated liver enzymes, decreased hemoglobin or an abnormal ECG
- Having a positive chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) delta 32 mutation
- Requiring the use of certain medications
- Lactating or pregnant women or subjects have reproductive potential unwilling to use
an adequate method of birth control
- Chronic or recent serious or life-threatening infection; severe , progressive and/or
uncontrollable renal, hepatic, hematological, gastrointestinal, endocrine, pulmonary,
cardiac, neurological disease within 12 weeks of the first dose.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- Birmingham, Alabama