- Patients with a diagnosis, for at least 6 months, of moderate to severe COPD (GOLD)
and who meet the criteria for Stage II-III disease
- Patients must have a smoking history of at least 10 pack-years
- Patients must have stable disease for at least 1 month prior to screening.
- More than 2 exacerbations of COPD in the preceding year
- History of a lower respiratory tract infection or significant disease instability
during the month proceding screening or during the time between screen and
- History or presence of respiratory failure, cor pulmonale or right ventricular failure