ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Well-differentiated metastatic carcinoid tumors and pancreatic endocrine tumors with measurable liver metastases.
- Resolution of all acute toxic effects of prior chemotherapy or radiotherapy or surgical procedures to National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE) Version 3.0 grade less than or equal to 1.
- Adequate organ function as defined by the following criteria:
1. Serum aspartate transaminase (AST; serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase [SGOT]) and serum alanine transaminase (ALT; serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase [SGPT]) less than or equal to 2.5 x local laboratory upper limit of normal (ULN), or AST and ALT less than or equal to 5 x ULN if liver function abnormalities are due to underlying malignancy
2. Total serum bilirubin less than or equal to 1.5 x ULN
3. Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) greater than or equal to 1500/microL
4. Platelets greater than or equal to 100,000/microL
5. Hemoglobin greater than or equal to 9.0 g/dL
6. Serum calcium less than or equal to 12.0 mg/dL
7. Serum creatinine less than or equal to 1.5 x ULN
8. Prothrombin and activated partial thromboplastin time (PT and aPTT) less than or equal to 1.5 x ULN
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status less than or equal to 2
- Informed Consent: Patients must be aware of the nature of his/her disease process and must willingly give consent after being informed of the experimental nature of therapy, alternatives, potential benefits, side-effects, risks and discomforts.
- Major surgery or radiation therapy within 4 weeks of starting the study treatment.
- Prior hepatic artery embolization or chemoembolization.
- Prior treatment with a tyrosine kinase inhibitor or a vascular endothelial growth
factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
- NCI CTCAE grade 3 hemorrhage within 4 weeks of starting the study treatment.
- History of or known brain metastases, spinal cord compression, or carcinomatous
meningitis, or evidence of symptomatic brain or leptomeningeal disease on screening
computed tomography (CT) or magnetic Resonance imaging (MRI) scan.
- Any of the following within the 6 months prior to study drug administration:
myocardial infarction, severe/unstable angina, coronary/peripheral artery bypass
graft, symptomatic congestive heart failure, cerebrovascular accident or transient
ischemic attack, or pulmonary embolism.
- Ongoing cardiac dysrhythmias of NCI CTCAE grade greater than or equal to 2.
- Prolonged corrected QT (QTc) interval on baseline electrocardiogram (EKG).
- Hypertension that cannot be controlled by medications (>150/100 mm Hg despite optimal
- Pre-existing thyroid abnormality with thyroid function that cannot be maintained in
the normal range with medication.
- Known human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
(AIDS)-related illness or other active infection
- Concurrent treatment on another clinical trial. Supportive care trials or
non-treatment trials, e.g. Quality of Life (QOL), are allowed.
- Concomitant use of ketoconazole and other agents known to induce CYP3A4.
- Concomitant use of theophylline and phenobarbital and/or other agents metabolized by
the cytochrome P450 system.
- Ongoing treatment with therapeutic doses of Coumadin (low dose Coumadin up to 2 mg by
mouth (po) daily for thrombo prophylaxis is allowed).
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding. Female participants must be surgically sterile or be
postmenopausal, or must agree to use effective contraception during the period of
therapy. Female participants with reproductive potential must have a negative
pregnancy test (serum or urine) prior to enrollment. Male participants must be
surgically sterile or must agree to use effective contraception during the period of
- Other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition or laboratory
abnormality that may increase the risk associated with study participation or study
drug administration, or may interfere with the interpretation of study results, and in
the judgment of the investigator would make the patient inappropriate for entry into
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Tampa, Florida