- High cholesterol blood levels (LDL-cholesterol above 100 mg/dL up to 220 mg/dL.
- Triglycerides up to 600 mg/dL.
- History of coronary artery disease (ex.: heart attack, angina), stroke, diabetes or
at high risk of such events.
- Pregnancy or lactation, use of high statin doses (>40mg) at baseline, liver or renal
- Use of other drugs that would interfere with evaluation of efficacy or cause safety
- Uncontrolled hypertension, diabetes or hypothyroidism
- Recent cardiac event of procedure
- High baseline CPK levels