- Eligible subjects were male or female subjects, age >18 years, with clinically
documented coronary artery disease and life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias who
met the following criteria:
- Were scheduled for an ICD implantation or had an ICD implantation within 1 month,
according to the class I American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association
(ACC/AHA) practice guidelines for ICD therapy
- Were already treated with an ICD for a class I ACC/AHA indication for more than one
month, provided they received at least one appropriate ICD intervention (shock or
antitachycardia pacing (ATP) for ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation)
during the preceding six months
- Patients with ventricular arrhythmias in the acute phase of myocardial infarction
(first 48 hours).
- Patients with incessant ventricular tachycardia.
- Patients with ventricular arrhythmias without underlying coronary artery disease.
- Patients with a transient or reversible cause of ventricular arrhythmias (including
significant electrolyte disturbances or drug induced proarrhythmia).