- Subjects with DSM-IV diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorder for whom
antipsychotic monotherapy is indicated.
- Subjects must be free from an acute exacerbation of psychosis for at least 3 months
prior to screening.
- Current Clinical Global Impression (CGI) of Severity of Illness score ≤3.
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, neurological, or allergic
disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic, seasonal
allergies at time of dosing).
- Evidence or history of a primary DSM-IV axis I diagnosis other than schizophrenia or
- Any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (e.g., gastrectomy).