ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Males or females, 18 -65 years of age
- Major depressive disorder based on DSM-IV criteria
- The baseline score of 17-item HAM-D³17
- Switchers from prior antidepressants, who have had no satisfactory improvement (normally after a minimum of 8weeks of treatment), with an approved antidepressant medication or have experienced intolerance due to side effects to their antidepressant medication based on clinical discretion
- Provide written informed consent
- If female is of childbearing potential, must be confirmed no pregnancy at baseline, and use a medically acceptable method of contraception throughout the study.
- Hypersensitivity to venlafaxine;
- Clinically significant renal or hepatic disease or any other medical disease that, in
the opinion of the investigator, might compromise the study, including seizure
- Alcohol or drug abuse within the last year
- A recent history of myocardial infarction or unstable heart disease (within 6 months
- Bipolar disorder
- For female, known or suspected pregnancy or breast feeding
- Use of a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within 14 days of baseline; use of any
investigational drug within 30 days of baseline.
- Patients have prior use of venlafaxine or use of venlafaxine for the current episode.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Vancouver, British Columbia