- Male or female patient of 18 - 70 years of age.
- Cancer patient with proven deep-vein thrombosis with or without pulmonary embolism
confirmed by combination of clinical signs and symptoms, pulmonary hypertension on
echocardiogram, X-ray examination of the lung and eventually perfusion/ventilation
scan of the lung.
- Hypersensitivity to FRAGMIN® or other low-molecular weight heparins.
- Serum creatinine level > 150 umol/l.
- Platelet count of less than 100 000 per cubic millimeter at the beginning of the
- Patient on oral anticoagulation therapy in the last 7 days.