- Generally healthy women 45 years of age or older who are at least 1 year
- Subjects must qualify for one of the following categories (a or b): a) Greater than 1
year but less than 5 years postmenopausal with at least one of the osteoporosis risk
factors. b) Greater than 5 years postmenopausal with BMD T-score at lumbar spine or
femoral neck between -1 and -2.5 (inclusive) with at least one osteoporosis risk
- One (1) or more osteoporotic vertebral fractures (T4-L4).
- Diseases that may affect bone metabolism.
- Past history or active nontraumatic venous thromboembolic events, including deep vein
thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and retinal vein thrombosis.