- Treatment of adults with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis who failed to respond to,
or who have a contraindication to, or are intolerant to other systemic therapy
including cyclosporine, methotrexate or PUVA
- Eligible for treatment with etanercept according to Summary of Product Characteristics
(SmPC), and applicable local guidelines.
- Aged 18 years or more
- Willing and able to self-inject etanercept.
- Able to store test drug at 2-8oC.
- Negative serum ß-human chorionic gonadotropin (ß-HCG) pregnancy test at baseline (week
0) for all women of childbearing potential. Sexually active women of childbearing
potential must use a medically acceptable form of contraception. Medically acceptable
forms of contraception include oral contraceptives, injectable or implantable methods,
intrauterine devices, or properly used barrier contraception. Sexually active men must
agree to use a reliable form of contraception during the study.
- Capable of understanding and willing to provide signed and dated written voluntary
informed consent before any protocol-specific procedures are performed.
- Prior experience of biologics and anti-TNF treatment for their Psoriasis including
- Sepsis or risk of sepsis.
- Current or recent infections, including chronic or localized.
- Latex sensitivity.
- Vaccination with live vaccine in last 4 weeks, or expected to require such vaccination
during the course of the study.