- Hospitalized male and female patients, 18 years of age or older.
- Anticipated need for intravenous antibiotic therapy of 5 days or longer.
- Patients known or suspected to have a complicated skin and skin structure infection.
- Patients with any concomitant condition that, in the opinion of the investigator,
would preclude an evaluation of a response or make it unlikely that the contemplated
course of therapy could be completed.
- Patients with severely impaired arterial blood supply and insufficiency such that the
likelihood of amputation of the infected anatomical site within one month is likely.
- Infected diabetic foot ulcers or decubitus ulcers where the infection is present for
greater than one week's duration or chronically infected decubitus ulcers in patients
who can not be compliant with measures necessary for chronic wound healing.