ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Diagnosis of bipolar disorder type II, or unipolar major depressive disorder
- If female, non-pregnant/non-lactating
- If a sexually active female of reproductive potential, must be using adequate contraception (i.e., oral contraceptives, barrier protection, or prior tubal ligation)
- Currently meets Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, 4th edition (DSM-IV) criteria for a major depressive episode, and presence of 2 or 3 DSM-IV manic criteria, present for the majority of the time during the past week.
- All other baseline psychotropic drugs will be allowed to be continued unchanged. However, if antidepressant use has been initiated in the previous 2 months, or was thought to be contributing to the depressive mixed state, then antidepressant medications would be discontinued 4 weeks before starting the study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Chicago, Illinois
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Durham, North Carolina