- Male or female subjects > or equal to 18 years of age.
- Presence of candidemia (positive blood culture) or invasive candidiasis
(histopathologic or cytopathologic examination of a needle aspiration or biopsy
specimen from a normally sterile site excluding mucous membranes showing yeast cells)
obtained within the prior 96 hours of the screening visit.
- Subjects who received no more than one prior dose of an echinocandin or polyene.
- Subjects with hypersensitivity to anidulafungin, other echinocandins or azoles.
- Presence of confirmed or suspected Candida osteomyelitis, endocarditis or meningitis.
- Subjects with infected prosthetic devices which cannot be removed within 24 hours