- Receiving cyclosporine (CsA) or tacrolimus (TAC) since the first month
- In addition to a calcineurin inhibitor (CNI), subjects must be treated with either
corticosteroids at a dosage range of 2.5 to 15 mg/day for prednisone or prednisolone
(2 to 12mg/day for methylprednisolone or the alternate day equivalent) or a
steroid-free regimen for a minimum of 12 weeks before randomization or either MMF
(>/=500mg/day), mycophenolate sodium (MPS) (>/=360 mg/day) or AZA (>/=50mg/day).
Subjects must be taking a minimum of 2 immunosuppressive drugs if on a steroid-free
- Subject is 3 to 60 months after renal transplantation.
- Subject is greater than 12 weeks after treatment for any acute rejection.
- Subjects who are currently receiving, or have received within 4 weeks before
enrollment, RAAS blockade.
- Subjects with a calculated GFR Disease [MDRD-7] or abbreviated MDRD formula).
- Subjects with a urine protein to creatinine ratio (U p/c) of >0.3.
- Subjects with a history of uncontrolled systolic blood pressure (SBP >140 mm Hg).
- Subjects with severe hepatic impairment (Grade C Child-Pugh score). Additional
Inclusion / Exclusion Criteria apply.