ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Be in good general health and between 18 and 75 years of age.
2. Have an acute peripheral unilateral idiopathic facial palsy.
3. Not more than 72 hours must have passed after onset of palsy before initiating study medication.
4. The subjects must provide their freely given written informed consent.
1. Subjects who have used any antiherpetic medication, except locally applied
formulations, within the last 2 weeks.
2. Subjects with ongoing systemic steroid medication for another disease.
3. Pregnant women or nursing mothers.
4. Subjects with diabetes.
5. Subjects presently suffering from gastric or duodenal ulcers. If there is a history of
previous peptic ulcers or dyspepsia prophylactic medication must be prescribed and
taken during study.
6. Subjects with a history of tuberculosis.
7. Subjects with psychiatric diagnosis that are at risk to be influenced by the study
drugs or that might affect the patient´s ability to complete this study.
8. Subjects with a hypertension not well controlled.
9. Subjects with a present, or a history of, serious heart disease.
10. Subjects with a history of glaucoma.
11. Subjects with a history of hepatic disease.
12. Subjects with other neurological diseases.
13. Subjects with a history of renal diseases or a known creatinine clearance of <
14. Subjects with acute otitis or a history of ipsilateral chronic otitis.
15. Subjects with a history of recent head injury.
16. Fertile, sexually active women not employing acceptable methods of contraception
and/or women planning to become pregnant during the period with intake of study
17. Subjects with a history of immunodeficiency syndromes.
18. Subjects with an allergy or sensitivity to aciclovir or valaciclovir, famciclovir or
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.