- A negative serum or urine pregnancy test at screening and a medically acceptable form
of contraception starting at screening and continuing throughout the study is
required for all females of childbearing potential (defined as an oral, injectable,
or implantable contraceptive, intrauterine device, or barrier method combined with a
- Failed therapy with at least one DMARD (DMARD failure is defined as a discontinuation
because of lack of clinical efficacy).
- Meet the 1987 American Rheumatism Association (ARA) revised criteria for rheumatoid
- Uncooperative patients with a history of poor compliance.
- Known hypersensitivity to etanercept or any of its components.
- Known significant concurrent medical disease