- Diagnosis of symptomatic multiple myeloma as defined by International Myeloma Working
- Phase 1: Relapsed or relapsed/refractory myeloma after at least 1 previous treatments
and with a life expectancy of more than 3 months.
- Phase 2: Measurable (as defined by IMWGURC) disease after at least 1 previous
- History of allogeneic stem cell transplant.
- Phase 2 only: Prior bortezomib therapy will only be allowed if there was a
demonstrated positive response, and disease progression occurred off therapy.
- Must have not experienced significant blood level changes, e.g. very low platelets,
while on previous bortezomib therapy
- Prior radiation therapy to > 25% of the bone marrow (whole pelvis is 25%).