- Male or female subjects between, and including, the ages of 40 and 80 years.
- Subjects with a diagnosis, for at least 6 months, of moderate to severe COPD (GOLD)
and who meet the criteria for Stage II-III disease, subjects must have had stable
disease for at least 1 month prior to screening.
- Subjects must have a smoking history of at least 10 pack-years and be current smokers
or ex-smokers that gave up > 6 months ago.
- More than 2 exacerbations of COPD requiring treatment with oral steroids in the
preceding year or hospitalization for the treatment of COPD within 3 months of
screening or more than twice during the preceding year.
- History or presence of significant cardiovascular disease.
- ECG abnormalities.
- Significant concomitant clinical disease that could interfere with the conduct, safety
or interpretation of results of this study.
- Evidence of organ or blood disorders.