ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Male or female > or equal to 19 yrs of age
- ARF defined by at least one of the following:
- Volume overload from inadequate urine output despite diuretic agents.
- Oliguria (urine output < 200 ml/12hrs) despite fluid resuscitation and diuretic administration.
- Anuria (urine output < 50 ml/12 hrs).
- Acute azotemia (BUN > or equal to 80 mg/dl).
- Acute hyperkalemia not responsive to medication (K+ > or equal to 6.5mmol/L)
- An increase in serum creatinine of > 2.5 mg/dl from normal values or a sustained rise in serum creatinine of > or equal to 1 mg/dl over baseline.
- Patients with end stage renal disease
- Patients who have had more than one previous dialysis session for acute or chronic
renal failure during the current hospitalization
- Patient weight greater than 125 kg
- Patient weight less than 50 kg
- Non-candidacy for continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- Patient/surrogate refusal
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Birmingham, Alabama