- Diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Currently receiving an optimal dose of oral Methotrexate (MTX)(at least 15 mg/week
but no more than 25 mg/week) for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Active rheumatoid arthritis at the time of screening.
- Previous or current treatment with etanercept, other tumor necrosis factor-alpha
(TNF) inhibitors, or other biologic agents.
- Concurrent treatment with any disease-modifying anti-rheumatoid drugs (DMARD), other
than MTX within 28 days before baseline.
- Concurrent treatment with more than 1 non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) at