- Mini Mental State Exam (MMSE) score between 14-26 (inclusive) at screening.
- Participants must be receiving acetylcholinesterase inhibitors on a stable dose for at
least 4 months prior to randomization
- Current evidence or history of neurological, psychiatric and any other illness that
could contribute to non-Alzheimer's dementia.
- Known history of familial AD or any evidence for early onset AD known or possibly
associated with genetic mutations.
- Evidence or history of diabetes mellitus Type 1 or Type 2.
- History or symptoms of autoimmune disorders.