ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Age 45-70 yrs of age, incl, women as described above as far as child-bearing potential and subjects who if they have coexisting disease, the disease is stable and does not place an untoward risk or result in compromise of data.
- Non smokers will be lifelong and have not worked in a chronic dusty environment.
- Smokers will require a minimum of 10 pkyr history and currently smoking at least a pack per day. The smokers without symptoms of COPD must demonstrate a pulmonary function with an FEV1 > 80%. The FEV1/FVC ratio may be less than .7 however they can not demonstrate symptoms of chronic bronchitis by medical history. Smokers with symptoms must demonstrate an FEV1 < 80% and FEV1/FVC <.7.
- Any female subject who is pregnant or breast-feeding or a female subject who is of
child-bearing potential who is unwilling to sue two acceptable methods of birth
- Any condition that would place the subject at risk for endobronchial brushings(such as
bleeding diathesis) or subjects who are currently taking anticoagulants.
- Any subject who has had an exacerbation of COPD within the last six months of
screening or who has been hospitalized for any reason within the last three months.
- Illicit substances indicated by positive urine drug screen.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Lakewood, California
- Toronto, Ontario