- Hospitalized Japanese descent subjects known or suspected to have CAP with a severity
that requires IV antibiotic treatment.
- Chest radiograph within 48 hours before the first dose of IV test article showing the
presence of a new infiltrate.
- The presence of fever or hypothermia within 24 hours before the first administration
of test article, and of at least two signs/symptoms of CAP within 24 hours before the
first administration of test article.
- Any concomitant condition that, in the opinion of the investigator, would preclude an
evaluation of a response or make it unlikely that the contemplated course of therapy
could be completed.
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia, other lung disease including viral, fungal, or parasitic
pneumonia, immunosuppressive conditions, and other illness, which affect evaluation of
safety and efficacy of tigecycline.
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity to tigecycline or tetracyclines, or
contraindication for these antibiotics.