ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Adult Chinese male and female patients aged > 18 undergoing CAPD for at least 3 months and able to read and understand Chinese
- Patients experiencing moderate to severe pruritis, defined as persistent, treatment-resistant pruritis considerably impairing sleep or daytime activity. Treatment resistance is defined as no or only partial resolvement of pruritis under current anti-pruritis treatment regimens such as anti-pruritis lotions and anti-histamines.
- Patients in stable clinical condition in terms of peritoneal dialysis and general health
- Patients able to understand and answer the SDS questionnaire
- Patients able to express the sensation of itchiness in the terms of the VAS and the SDS score
- Patients who are willing to give written informed consent and to participate in and comply with the study protocol
- Patients with a known history of pruritis or dermatologic disease antedating renal
- Patients with skin disease other than the usual cutaneous findings of uraemia such as
xerosis or ecchymosis.
- Patients under current treatment with systemic steroids
- Known history of allergy to Gabapentin
- Those patients already put on anti-convulsants
- Unable to give written informed consent for the study
- Pregnancy or female patients of child-bearing age who are unwilling to use
- Poor drug compliance
- Known HIV positivity
- Active neoplastic disease
- Those who do not want to participate the study
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Hong Kong,