ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Mild to moderate calcific AS of a tricuspid or bicuspid aortic valve
- Echocardiographic derived mean pressure gradient >10 mmHg and an aortic valve area of 0.9 to 1.7 cm2 by continuity equation.
- Laboratory evidence of LDL-c>70 mg/dl within 12 months prior to recruitment.
- Left ventricular ejection fraction <50%
- Valvular area of 0.9 cm2 and a mean gradient >30 mmHg
- Rheumatic heart disease
- >Moderate (2+) aortic insufficiency
- Prior statin therapy to include: >10 mg of atorvastatin (Lipitor) or >20 mg of other
HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors (statins)
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- History of thoracic radiation
- Unable or unwilling to sign informed consent
- Unable to unwilling to return for follow-up
- Other clinically important renal, pulmonary, hepatic, neurological, endocrine, or
hematological disorders, vasculitis, or any other situation or medical condition that,
in the investigator's opinion, would make survival for the duration of the study
unlikely, or would otherwise interfere with optimal participation in the study or
produce a significant risk to the patient
- Severe pulmonary hypertension (>55 mmHg)
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Cleveland, Ohio