ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Male ≥40 years of age
2. Clinical signs and symptoms of frequency and urgency, enlarged prostate and urodynamic study consistent with overactive bladder.
3. IPSS >12, with IPSS QoL > 3 at screening visit.
4. Ability and willingness to correctly complete the micturition diary and all the trial related questionnaires comply with scheduled visits and comply with trial procedures.
5. Capability of understanding and having signed the informed consent form after full discussion of the research, nature of the treatment, and its risks and benefits.
6. Procedure to treat BOO by TURP or PVP greater than or equal to 1 month ago.
1. A known history of interstitial cystitis, uninvestigated hematuria, or bladder outlet
obstruction due to: mullerian duct cysts, urethral obstruction due to
stricture/valves/sclerosis of urethral tumor, radiation cystitis, genitourinary
tuberculosis, bladder calculi, or detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia.
2. Evidence of Urinary Tract Infection according to local standard of care.
3. Expectation of initiating treatment during the duration of this study with - any drug
treatment for OAB, any drugs with significant anticholinergic, antispasmodic,
parasympathetic, or cholinergic agonistic effects.
4. Use of any electrostimulation within the 30 days before randomization, or the
expectation to initiate such therapy during the study.
5. Any condition which, in the opinion of the investigator, makes the patient unstable,
or with contraindications for inclusion, e.g., uncontrolled narrow-angled glaucoma,
urinary retention, preplanned prostate surgery, or gastric retention.
6. Significant hepatic or renal disease, defined as twice the upper limit of the
reference ranges regarding serum concentrations of AST, ALT, ALP, urea nitrogen, or
7. Use of any other investigational drug in the 2 months preceding visit 1.
8. History of postural hypotension or syncope in the judgement of the investigator based
on local standards of care.
9. Alcohol and/or any other drug abuse in the opinion of the investigator.
10. Medications such as erythromycin, Biaxin (Clarithromycin), Sporanox (itraconazole),
Nizoral (ketoconazole), Neoral and Sandimmune (cyclosporine), Velban (vinblastine) and
11. Non-medication treatments such as bio-feedback or other bladder training exercises.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York