- Pre-pubertal boys between 6 and 10 years of age or girls between 6 and 9 years of
- Birth length- and/or birth weight-SDS adjusted to gestational age al. 2002, Voigt et al. 2006 or Lawrence et al. 1989).
- Current height-SDS below -1 (Hermanussen and Cole 2003).
- Growth velocity SDS
- Severe SGA (birth weight or length features.
- Severe pre-maturity (GA
- Severe perinatal complications like asphyxia, sepsis, necrotizing enterocolitis
(NEC), respiratory distress syndrome, if associated with long-term sequelae (like
short bowel syndrome, bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), cerebral palsy etc).
- Inability to perform one- or two leg jumps from a standing position.
- Prior GH treatment.