- Patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who are not taking any treatment or are taking
metformin (with no change in the treatment, including dose, over the past 2 months).
Subjects previously treated with a sulfonylurea in combination with metformin may be
eligible if switched over to metformin only for a minimum of 4 weeks before dosing.
- Male and/or female subjects (females will be women of non-childbearing potential)
between the ages of 18 and 70 years, inclusive.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of approximately 22 to 40 kg/m2
- Fasting C-peptide test result must be >0.4 nmol/L.
- HbA1c ≥7% and ≤11%. If the subject requires to be washed off a sulfonylurea, the HbA1c
limits will be ≥7% and ≤9.5%.
- Screening fasting blood glucose, ?60 or ?270 mg/dL. One repeat screening fasting blood
glucose will be allowed.
- Previous treatment with an approved or investigational GLP-1 mimetic.
- Have a known allergy to yeast, yeast-derived or yeast containing products.