ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Men or women
- >18 yrs old
- Expected to have an endarterectomy on each carotid artery
- No contraindications for atorvastatin
- Stable cardiovascular health
- Lipid lowering treatment less than 6 mo duration
- Diabetic included if diabetes is controlled
- Patient is not claustrophobic
- Patient has evaluable carotid plaques.
- Patient has had previous carotid endarterectomy,stenting, or other procedure
- Unstable cardiovascular status
- Hypersensitivity to statin therapy
- Neck anatomy preventing acquiring bilateral evaluable plaques
- Weight over 285 lbs.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Houston, Texas