- Have a diagnosis (using the SCID-I/P at screening visit) of schizophrenia or
schizoaffective disorder and judged to be stable (without hospitalization or acute
exacerbation and functioning in society) on psychiatric treatment for at least the
past 6 month.
- Current cigarette smokers (at least 15/day during the past year with no period of
abstinence greater than 3 months in the past year) male or female, between the ages of
18 and 75 inclusive, who are motivated to stop smoking.
- Score 7 or higher on the Contemplation Ladder at the Screening, Week -1, and Baseline
- PANSS score >70 at Screen or Baseline Visit.
- Subjects hospitalized within the past six months due to suicidal ideation or suicidal
behavior or subjects considered to have serious suicidal ideation or suicidal behavior
within the past six moth.
- Subjects having active suicidal ideation or behavior identified at Screen, Week -1, or
- Subjects taking Bupropion.