- Psychotic disorder
- Completion of previous study of intramuscular ziprasidone
- Ability to continue with oral ziprasidone
- Concomitant treatment with other anti-psychotic agents within 12 hours prior to the
enrollment; for depot agents, a period of two weeks or a cycle, whichever is longer,
should occur between the last administration and the patient's enrollment.
- Treatment with antidepressants or mood stabilizers within seven days prior to the
enrollment; for MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) and moclobemide, this period
should be of two weeks; for fluoxetine, five weeks.
- Resistance to conventional psychotic agents. (Resistance is defined as a failure to
present a therapeutic response during the acute exacerbation after proper attempts of
treatment with marketed antipsychotic agents in two or more occasions during the two
years prior to the enrollment in the study.)