ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Eligible subjects were males or females ≥18 years of age with a diagnosis of primary essential hypertension and currently taking 1 or 2 individual antihypertensive agents
- Dosing for entry antihypertensive medication was at the accepted efficacious dose or the maximum tolerated dose and had to be stable for at least 4 weeks prior to study entry
- Subjects were required to have clinic sitting DBP ≥95 and ≤110 mmHg and SBP ≥140 and ≤180 mmHg as an average of 3 readings on their current antihypertensive therapy at visits 1 and 2
Exclusion criteria included, but were not limited to:
- Subjects taking antihypertensive medications for other indications (i.e. arrhythrma,
unstable angina, CHF, etc.)
- Orthostatic hypotension, defined as a decrease of at least 20 mmHg systolic or 1OmmHg
diastolic pressure between sitting and standing blood pressures after 2 rmnutes, or
known fluid depletion.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Laval, Quebec
- E. Hanover, New Jersey
- London, Ontario