ABOUT THIS STUDY
- The subject and the authorized legal representative must understand the nature of the study and be able to comply with protocol requirements. The representative must sign an Informed Consent Document and the subject must provide Written Assent.
- The subject (male or female) must be between 7-17 (inclusive) years of age at screening.
- The subject must have a primary diagnosis of Conduct Disorder [CD] (312.8), Oppositional Defiant Disorder [ODD] (313.81) or Disruptive Behavior Disorder not otherwise specified [DBD-NOS] (312.9) as defined by DSM-IV criteria and confirmed by the Kiddie-SADS-PL.
- At the screening visit (Visit 1), subjects must have a score of 21 or more on the sum of the scales for conduct problems and for oppositional behaviour in the NCBRF-TIQ.
- In the investigator's opinion, the subject must be likely to benefit from the therapy.
- The subject is willing and able to discontinue any medications that are prohibited in this study (see Concomitant Medications table, Section 3.5.1). Any such medications must be discontinued at least 5 half-lives prior to the administration of double-blinded study medication.
- Patients who are receiving prohibited medications are to be considered for the protocol only If discontinuation of the medication does not compromise the welfare of the patient and/or alternative medication that is allowed by the protocol is available and appropriate for the patient. Psychotropic medications should be tapered down per accepted medical practice and the specific package insert instead of being abruptly discontinued.
- Females of childbearing potential may be included provided that they are not pregnant, not nursing, and are practicing effective contraception and meet all of the following criteria:
- Are instructed and agree to avoid pregnancy during the study.
- Have a negative pregnancy test (β-HCG) at screening and Visit 2.
- Use one of the following birth control methods:
- an oral contraceptive agent, an intrauterine device (ILTD), an implantable contraceptive (e.g. Norplant), transdermal hormonal contraceptive (e.g. Ortho-Evra), or an injectable contraceptive (e.g. Depo-Provera) for at least one month prior to entering the study and will continue its use throughout the study; or
- a barrier method of contraception, e.g., condom and / or diaphragm with spermicide while participating in the study.
- abstinence for at least 3 months before the start of the study and intention to abstain from sexual activity during the study period.
- Subjects must have an IQ > 55 best tested with the HAWIK-III, alternatively with the CFT-20 or K-ABC.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in