- Patient who meets diagnosis of Panic Disorder (with or without Agoraphobia) according
to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM IV).
- Patients must have experienced at least 4 panic attacks within 4 weeks before
- At baseline patients with Panic Disorder of total score of 18 or higher on the Panic
and Agoraphobia scale (clinician rated version).
- Patients who concurrently have bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, delusional disorder,
epilepsy, Major Depression Disorder (MDD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) according to the
- Patients who concurrently have depression/depressive state, anxiety disorder and
generalized anxiety disorder may be included in the study if the primary diagnosis is
identified to be panic disorder
- Patients with the total score of at least 18 on the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale
(HAM-D) (Items 1 to 17) at the start of Screening (Visit 1)
- Patients who require concomitant drug therapy with psychotropic agents (including
benzodiazepines) and monoamine oxidase inhibitor during the period of the study.