- histologically or cytologically confirmed diagnosis with evidence of either metastatic
disease (Stage IV) of locally recurrent disease not amenable to curative resection or
radiation therapy (Stage IIIB).
- Her-2negative breast cancer or unknown Her-2 status.
- at least 1 measurable lesion as defined by RECIST.
- ECOG status 0-1
- adequate bone marrow, hepatic and renal function.
- left ventricular ejection fraction of greater than or equal to 50%.
- willingness to discontinue hormonal therapy.
- any previous chemotherapy for advanced disease.
- prior exposure to taxanes as (neo) adjuvant treatment less than 12 months prior to
- symptomatic brain metastases.
- prior anti-IGF-1R based investigational therapy.
- peripheral neuropathy greater than grade 2.