- Meet the 1987 ACR Revised Criteria for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Documented evidence, confirmed by a blinded 3rd party assessor, of at least one
erosion observed by X-ray at randomization based on X-ray taken at the screening
- Have received MTX as stable dose for 28 days prior to the screening visit.
- Previous treatment with ETN, infliximab, adalimumab, other Tumor necrosis factor (TNF)
-a inhibitors, anakinra or other biological agents.
- Receipt of any DMARD, other than MTX, within 28 days before screening.