- Primary Diagnosis of GAD (DSM IV, 300.02) as established by the clinician using all
sources of data including the MINI structured interview
- HAM A score ³20 at the Screening (Study Day -7) and Baseline (Study Day 1) Visits by
- Good health as determined by medical history, physical examination, vital signs,
electrocardiography (ECG), and clinical laboratory measurements
- Covi Anxiety Scale total score ³9 and Raskin Depression Scale total score £7 at the
Screening Visit (to ensure predominance of anxiety symptoms over depression symptoms)
- Age 18 to 65 (inclusive)
- Patients with most other current DSM-IV Axis I disorders.
- Patients with current or past schizophrenia, Psychotic disorder
- Delirium, dementia, amnestic, and other clinically significant cognitive disorders
- Bipolar or schizoaffective disorder
- Benzodiazepine abuse or dependence; and/or Factitious disorder.