- Male or female Chinese subjects aged 18-65 years (including 65) at screening.
- Subjects meeting the ICD-10 (Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders)
criteria for schizophrenia (F20.X).
- Subjects who are in acute phase of schizophrenia and are appropriate to receive
intramuscular medication for at least 3 days
- History of clinically significant physical illness especially myocardial infarction,
non compensatory heart failure etc.
- Subjects receiving an investigational agent in the previous 3 months prior to
- Use of antipsychotic agents within 12 hours or parenteral benzodiazepines within 4
hours prior to randomization and during the study.