- Men or women age > 65 years.
- A primary diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder according to the Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual-IV (DSM-IV).
- Subjects must have a HAM-A score of 16 or higher at both screening and baseline
- Women who are pregnant or contemplating pregnancy (eg, via in vitro fertilization)
during the study through 30 days after the last dose of study medication.
- Subjects with evidence of a current (within the past 6 months) clinically significant
or unstable hematological, autoimmune, renal, endocrine, pulmonary, gastrointestinal,
cardiovascular, hepatic, pancreatic, psychiatric, neurologic, immunological or
retinal disorder; subjects with an active infection within the past 2 months.
- Subjects who have an ongoing, unresolved, clinically significant cardiovascular or
cerebrovascular medical problem.
- Mini Mental Status Exam (MMSE) score
cognitive or amnestic disorder, including, but not limited to mild cognitive