- Men and women over 18 years of age with moderate to severe interstitial cystitis
defined by pain score.
- Women must not be pregnant or lactating, They may be post-menopausal, surgically
sterilized or using an appropriate method of contraception.
- History of interstitial cystitis less than 6 months
- History of current or recurrent urinary tract infections, or genitourinary cancer
- Any previous urinary diversion procedure with or without bladder removal, bladder
- Use of certain drugs given into the bladder up to 1 month prior to study entry