ABOUT THIS STUDY
- The clinical diagnosis of osteoarthritis of the hand, of at least 6 months duration.
- Pain around one of the thumb joints due to osteoarthritis. The patient must report the average pain in this joint, in the week prior to screening, as at least 5 on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale at the time of screening.
- The patient must demonstrate pressure pain at a thumb joint by reporting a pressure pain threshold lower than 300 kPa.
- Pregnant (as judged by a urine pregnancy test) or lactating female.
- Other severe pain which may impair the assessment of the pain due to osteoarthritis.
- Skin condition over the thumb joint, which will be used for pain threshold testing,
that could interfere with the assessment of pain thresholds.
- Known hypersensitivity to oxycodone, NSAIDS or tramadol.
- Patients in whom NSAIDS, oxycodone or tramadol are contraindicated, or patients taking
any concurrent medications which are contraindicated with any of the study medications
- An estimated renal clearance of less than 30 mL/min based on the Cockcroft Gault
- Use of prohibited medications as listed below, in the absence of appropriate washout
- Oral or intramuscular corticosteroids within 4 weeks prior to screening.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors within 2 weeks of screening.
- Analgesic agents, other than aspirin, or acetaminophen within 1 week prior to
screening. (Aspirin use less than or equal to 325 mg per day for cardiovascular
prophylaxis is permitted)
- Acetaminophen up to 4 g/day may be used, provided it is not used in the 24 hours prior
to any assessment of pain thresholds.
- Intra-articular steroid injections into the study joint within 12 weeks, or to any
other joint within 4 weeks, prior to screening.
- History of chronic constipation, or of any condition which, in the opinion of the
investigator, may put the patient at increased risk of respiratory depression.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in