ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Unilateral or bilateral primary open angle glaucoma, capsular glaucoma, pigmentary glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Open angle glaucoma appearing more than 6 months after cataract surgery is recognized as primary open angle glaucoma. (individuals requiring treatment bilaterally must fulfill eligibility criteria for both eyes.)
- IOP of 22mmHg or higher obtained during the pre-study period.
- Patients currently not treated or on single-drug treatment for the elevated IOP are eligible after a medication free period (wash-out) of:
1. 3 weeks for B-adrenergic antagonists
2. 2 weeks for adrenergic agonists
3. 5 days for cholinergics and oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors.
- History of acute angle closure.
- Severe trauma at any time.
- Intraocular surgery or argon laser trabeculoplasty within 6 months.
- Current use of contact lenses.
- History of severe dry eye syndrome.
- Ocular inflammation/infection with three months of inclusion.
- Any condition preventing reliable applanation tonometry.
- Unacceptable finding at pre-study ocular examination as specified in the Case Report
- In Investigator regards monotherapy insufficient with respect to optic nerve head
and/or visual field status.
- Treatment of elevated IOP with any topical B-adrenergic antagonist regularly for a
period longer than 3 months and/or treatment at any time during 6 months prior to
- Cardiac failure, sinus bradycardia, second and third degree of atrio-ventricular
- Bronchial asthma, history of bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary
- Having participated in any other clinical study within the last month.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Aberdeen, Grampian
- Nottingham, Notts.