- Pre-menstrual women with moderate to severe endometriosis. The diagnosis of
endometriosis must have been confirmed surgically within the last 8 years.
- Subjects should have regular menstrual cycle (21 - 35 days) and must be willing to use
adequate contraception (2 forms of birth control, one of which must be a barrier
method). Contraception is required throughout the study (screening to 16 weeks post
treatment), even if subjects discontinue prematurely.
- Previous hysterectomy
- Surgical treatment for endometriosis within last 6 months.
- Medical treatment for endometriosis other than combined oral contraceptive pill within
the last 3 months
- Current use of the coil or progesterone only contraceptive (the combined oral
contraceptive pill is allowed).
- Any history of malignant disease (cancer)