ABOUT THIS STUDY
Patients will be eligible for inclusion in this study only if all of the following criteria apply:
- Patients must have histologically confirmed diagnosis of RCC.
- Patients must have undergone a nephrectomy
- Clinical or radiographic evidence of metastatic disease.
- A minimum of 4 weeks from full field radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy or other investigational agent. Treatment may begin one week following limited field radiation therapy.
- Subjects who have received prior limited field radiotherapy, biologic/immunotherapy or surgery must have a documented recovery period > 2 weeks
- Patients must have normal organ and marrow function as defined below:
hemoglobin > 9.0g/dL absolute neutrophil count > 1,500/μl platelets > 100,000/μl total bilirubin < 1.5 X upper limit of normal (ULN) AST(SGOT)/ALT(SGPT) < 2.5 X ULN creatinine < 1.5 X ULN (or 24 hour measured creatinine clearance > 40 mL/min) total fasting cholesterol < 350 total triglycerides < 300
- Age > 18 years.
- ECOG score of 0-2 (See Appendix 11.1).
- For patients with diabetes a Hgb A1C of ≤ 8
- Subject agrees to use a medically acceptable form of birth control during and for at least 3 months after completion of the study treatment, if he/she is sexually active
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test within 3 days prior to treatment
- Ability to swallow and retain oral medication.
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document.
- Written informed consent obtained according to local guidelines
A patient will not be eligible for inclusion in this study if any of the following criteria
- History of solid organ or stem cell transplantation. Also, no current use of chronic
immunosuppressive therapy is allowed.
- Patients with active brain metastases (or history of brain metastases) should be
excluded from this clinical trial because of their poor prognosis and because they
often develop progressive neurologic dysfunction that would confound the evaluation of
neurologic and other adverse events.
- History of HIV, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C infection.
- Patients who have received investigational, biologic, hormonal (other than ADT),
immunotherapy, or chemotherapy less than 4 weeks prior to entry on this study or have
not recovered from the toxic effects of such therapy.
- Patients who have experienced severe trauma or undergone major surgery within 4 weeks
prior to entry on this study or have not recovered to grade 1 or less may not
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active
infection (requiring antifungal, antibiotic or antiviral therapy), symptomatic
congestive heart failure (NYHC II or greater), unstable angina pectoris, cardiac
arrhythmia (uncontrolled SVT or any VT), uncontrolled diabetes or psychiatric
illness/social situations that would limit compliance with study requirements.
- Impairment of gastrointestinal function or gastrointestinal disease that may
significantly alter the absorption of RAD001 (e.g., ulcerative disease, uncontrolled
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, malabsorption syndrome or small bowel resection).
- Patients who have received prior treatment with an mTOR inhibitor.
- Patients who have received prior treatment with Sunitinib are not eligible to
participate in this study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Toronto, Ontario
- Durham, North Carolina
- Heidelberg (Melbourne), Victoria